Queensland Government funded program
What Courses do we have under the Certificate 3 Guarantee, Fee-free Training for year 12 Graduates program ?
- Certificate III in Individual Support
Am I eligible ?
To be eligible for Certificate 3 Guarantee program, Year 12 graduates must:
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate III or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
- Be aged 15 years or above, and no longer at school
Fee-free Training for Year 12 Graduates
To support Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to successfully transition to employment, the government is offering fee-free training in high priority qualifications identified by the Queensland Government and industry groups. The training is available through a range of certificate III level vocational education and training (VET) courses, as well as apprenticeships and traineeships.
To be eligible for training, students must meet the above Certificate 3 Guarantee eligibility criteria and:
- Have completed Year 12 in Queensland and hold a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority or equivalent certification
- Enrol and start training with an approved training provider (called a pre-qualified supplier or PQS) by the end of the calendar year following your completion of Year 12
- Be a Queensland resident
Certificate 3 Guarantee program Learner Fact Sheets
- Certificate 3 Guarantee program Learner Fact-sheet
- Year 12 Graduates – Fee-free training Learner Fact-sheet
Students need to be aware they will no longer be eligible for a government subsidised training place under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program once they complete a certificate III level qualification
Students who In accordance with the Pre-qualified Supplier Policy 2016- 2017 for Queensland Government subsidised training places, pre-qualified suppliers must ensure students complete a Student Employment Survey within three months of completing or discontinuing training.[/mp_text] [/mp_span_inner] [/mp_row_inner] [mp_row_inner] [mp_span_inner col=”12″] [mp_button text=”Enquire Now” link=”mailto:[email protected]” target=”false” align=”center” icon=”fa fa-share-square-o” mp_style_classes=”motopress-btn-rounded motopress-btn-icon-indent-middle motopress-btn-size-large motopress-btn-color-black” margin=”none,50,none,none”] [/mp_span_inner] [/mp_row_inner] [/mp_span] [mp_span col=”6″] [mp_row_inner] [mp_span_inner col=”12″] [mp_image id=”261″ size=”large” link_type=”custom_url” link=”#” target=”false” caption=”false” align=”center” margin=”none,10,none,none”] [/mp_span_inner] [/mp_row_inner] [mp_row_inner] [mp_span_inner col=”12″] [mp_text margin=”none,none,none,10″]
There is a mandatory co-contribution fee payable for this course, which may be paid by the learner or a third party on the learners behalf.
Please see Fees Page for details[/mp_text] [/mp_span_inner] [/mp_row_inner] [mp_row_inner] [mp_span_inner col=”12″] [mp_button text=”Apply Now” link=”https://www.assessapp.com/organisations/125/form_records/new_public?form_id=128″ target=”true” align=”center” icon=”fa fa-check-square-o” mp_style_classes=”motopress-btn-rounded motopress-btn-color-aqua-blue motopress-btn-size-large motopress-btn-icon-indent-middle”] [/mp_span_inner] [/mp_row_inner] [/mp_span] [/mp_row] [mp_row] [mp_span col=”12″] [mp_text]
Certificate 3 Guarantee program
From 1 July 2013, the Queensland Government began introducing significant changes to Queensland’s vocational education and training (VET) system through its reform action plan Great skills Real opportunities. Reforms under the action plan include:
the introduction of a minimum training entitlement up to and including a certificate III level qualification for eligible individuals
government investment targeted to qualifications that meet industry skills needs and deliver better job outcomes for graduates
greater training accessibility and quality through contestable funding and choice of registered training organisation (RTO).
A key initiative under these reforms is the Certificate 3 Guarantee which provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) certificate III level qualification with a pre-approved RTO of their choice, otherwise known as a pre-qualified supplier (PQS).
The Queensland Government’s Department of Education, Training and Employment administers the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
Overview and Objectives
Principal aim of the Certificate 3 Guarantee program is to assist working-age Queenslanders without a certificate III or higher level qualification to complete a nationally recognised certificate III level qualification that leads to:
- a job outcome for individuals trying to enter the labour market or their desired industry/career
- advancement in the workplace or career progression for individuals already employed in their preferred industry.
The government has introduced the program with the aim of increasing the number of Queenslanders who hold a certificate III level qualification, which is considered entry-level for employment in most industry sectors.
Under the Certificate 3 Guarantee, foundation skills training (i.e. language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) training) and lower-level vocational qualifications are also subsidised in certain circumstances, based on an individual’s learning, skilling or support needs, to achieve employment outcomes for students.